Kurt Caselli Benefit
About Kurt Caselli
Kurt Caselli was an American off-road motorcycle racer from Southern California. On November 15, 2013, Caselli crashed while competing in the Baja 1000, a race in Baja California, Mexico at 30 years old, after colliding with a large animal at high speed. Early reports indicated that he hit a man-made booby trap, but that ultimately proved to be incorrect information.His family honored his life and celebrated by hosting a memorial ride day on December 6, 2013 at Glen Helen Raceway in Devore, California.
About the Kurt Caselli Foundation
The Kurt Caselli Foundation was established in December 2013, using donations from the memorial ride day, with the help of fans, family and friends. The foundation's focus is the safety of riders and racers in the off-road motorcycling industry. While they understand the inherent elements of danger, they aim to help minimize it to the best of their ability. The foundation has a three-part mission that encompasses safety precautions for riders before, during, and after a racing career.
- Before racing, they are committed to encouraging, developing, and standardizing safety precautions that will help minimize risk outside of the rider’s control.
- During racing, they are committed to developing, establishing, and encouraging the use of safety equipment and policies to increase the safety of the riders.
- After racing, they are committed to providing a safety net that allows and encourages former racers to further their education and reach career goals for themselves and their families.
The foundation is working with the medical community piloting motorcycle concussion studies, improving race course safety precautions, developing improved GPS systems while racing, and offering scholarship opportunities for post-racing careers.
About the Kurt Caselli Benefit this Satuday June 17
Join us this Saturday June 17 in honoring our American hero Kurt Caselli under the sun with great company at Doffo Wines while raising money to support the future and safery of riders and racers in the off-road motorcycle indsutry.
- This is the 4th Annual benefit event hosted by Doffo Winery
- The purpose is to raise money for the Kurt Caselli Foundation, whose mission it is to improve the safety and well-being of off-road racers and riders.
- All ticket proceeds go to the foundation, as well as proceeds form the raffle and auction items donated by sponsors and supporters.
- This year the Foundation is raffling off a 2017 KTM 50 SX equipped with a custom graphics kit and FMF exhaust. Tickets are $25 each (limited to 500 total) and will be sold at the event. The winner will be drawn at the event, with all proceeds going to the Foundation.
- The 2016 event had more than 1,000 in attendance and more than $35,000 was raised for the Foundation.