This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
What is the 2021 IMS Outdoors schedule?
In our inaugural year, we are excited to bring IMS Outdoors to the following nine markets during the following dates listed below:
- Southern California FivePoint Amphitheater (Irvine, CA - July 9-11)
- Northern California: Sonoma Raceway (Sonoma, CA - July 16-18)
- Chicago: Goebbert’s Farm (Pingree Grove, IL - August 20-22)
- New York City: Brooklyn Army Terminal (Brooklyn, NY - September 3-5)
- Pennsylvania: Carlisle Fairgrounds (Carlisle, PA - September 10-12)
- Texas: Texas Motor Speedway (Fort Worth, TX – October 1-3)
- Nashville: James E. Ward Agriculture Center (Lebanon, TN - October 8-10)
- Central Florida: SUN n’ FUN Campus (Lakeland, FL - October 15-17)
- Atlanta: Georgia International Horse Park (Conyers, GA - October 29-31)
When will tickets for each event go on sale?
Tickets will go on sale on May 13th and can be purchased at motorcycleshows.com.
Why is the tour going to be outdoors?
Progressive IMS Outdoors represents a revamp of our tour’s nearly 40-year history that will not only transition IMS from the traditional convention center setup to a new open outdoor experience but will also provide a festival-like atmosphere that promotes enthusiasts of all ages and levels to come together to better engage with products, each other, and the industry.
In serving the Powersports market, our approach always has been to evolve with the times by paying close attention to the interests and needs of our attendees, industry professionals, and OEMs. In doing so, our shows have become more interactive over the years. IMS Outdoors will serve our attendees with larger venues allowing for more demo rides and interactive activities.
The new outdoors format will support the growth of the Powersports community by offering a unique experience the industry has yet to see.
Besides the new outdoor venues, what else can attendees expect will be different at IMS Outdoors?
We have expanded our focus from targeting Powersports veterans and enthusiasts to also welcoming new and potential riders. IMS Outdoors will welcome allied market products such as electric bikes and scooters, RV products, and more, enhancing our show experience and allowing attendees to engage with these growing segments and services in a hands-on, yet safe manner.
What will happen to the indoor IMS events?
IMS Outdoors is replacing the traditional International Motorcycle Shows that used to happen from November through February. Just like the previous indoor events, attendees can rest assured each stop will showcase hundreds of the latest street bikes, dirt bikes, cruisers, scooters, and ATVs for new and experienced riders, and will give enthusiasts the opportunity to check out the latest gear and aftermarket accessories, as well as hours of entertainment.
What entertainment and attractions will be at the events?
Details surrounding attractions at each event will be released when tickets go on sale on April 22nd. Regardless of which stop, attendees can look forward to more rider education and hands-on opportunities for both new and existing riders including:
- The return of our Discover The Ride initiative, which will include the New Rider Course giving non-licensed attendees their first opportunity to ride a motorcycle while learning riding basics from expert instructors.
- Demo opportunities for all ages, including on-road motorcycles, off-road vehicles (in select markets), electric motorcycles, bicycles and scooters, kids balance bikes, and more.
- The opportunity to view and demo new motorcycle models from top manufacturers.
- Parts, gear, and accessories from leading key aftermarket brands in The Marketplace and The Range.
- Adventure Out, a staple attraction on the IMS Tour, centered around encouraging attendees to get out and explore on 2 and 4-wheels through education from experienced riders and RVers, as well as the most innovative gear and accessories from leading manufacturers.
- IMS Vintage, enabling attendees to get up close and personal with the very best classic and retro-style motorcycles from vintage bike clubs across the country.
- The chance to explore, shop, and socialize with new and known lifestyle brands in Shift.
Will there be an Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show?
The Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show will happen at each event. Registration begins April 22nd on motorcycleshows.com.
Why are certain cities not on the schedule that IMS has visited in the past?
We worked hard to bring IMS Outdoors to as many cities across the US as possible. Decisions about where we hold the events are made in coordination with the major motorcycle manufacturers and depend on venue opportunities and available dates. If IMS Outdoors is not coming to your market, we invite you to review the tour schedule to see if a nearby market interests you. Select markets will feature on-site RV camping making it easier for out-of-town enthusiasts to attend our shows.
Why is IMS Outdoors not coming to Denver after it was originally announced?
Progressive IMS Outdoors Denver was initially scheduled to be our first stop of the 2021 IMS Outdoors tour taking place June 18-20. Our announcement, as well as the planning of this tour stop, was made during a time we felt confident vaccinations would ensure the health and safety of our attendees, staff, and exhibiting OEMs and companies. Unfortunately, vaccine rollouts have experienced delays, so we proactively decided to remove the June event from the tour. As much as we would like to bring the tour to our Colorado community this year, safety is and will always be our highest priority. We are already in talks with Colorado-based venues and discussing the opportunity to bring IMS Outdoors to Colorado in 2022.
Why might an OEM be missing from a specific market?
Each year, the leading manufacturers make the tough decision to determine which markets on the tour they will attend. These decisions are based on where they believe they can achieve the strongest results against the marketing dollars they spend to be at the shows; these are difficult decisions for all the manufacturers.
How will I know your shows will be safe?
IMS Outdoors is organized by Informa Markets, the largest event and exhibition organizer in the world. All IMS Outdoors events will be organized in accordance with Informa’s AllSecure health and safety standards designed to ensure all participants can attend events safely and with confidence. AllSecure practices are comprised of learnings and best-practices from across the leading trade event companies around the world, in accordance with the World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations, to create physical environments that meet industry standards for gathering.
In creating AllSecure, our company collaborated and coordinated with our industry association partners including UFI, AEO, and SISO, industry peers including Reed Exhibitions and Clarion, venue partners, suppliers and contractors; as well as with a range of health, government, and local authorities, to develop the AllSecure best practice guidelines and standards that raise the bar on delivering safe, hygienic, productive, and high-quality organized event experiences. The AllSecure standard is now being adopted by key stakeholders in the events industry worldwide and will continue to be updated as new ideas emerge.
Informa AllSecure is an industry-wide standard for our business, including a commitment to ten key priorities across all Informa’s events, as well as the fuller range of standards and recommendations that will be followed at our events wherever applicable and possible. In a post-COVID-19 environment, all Informa events will continue to prioritize the health and safety of Colleagues and Customers and, in the first instance, will be run in accordance with official government and local authority guidance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations.
For more information, please visit our Informa AllSecure page.